(T)HANK (G)OD (I)T’S (M)ONDAY!
It shouldn’t have to be Friday in order to enjoy your week. “Monday Blues” or “Mundane Mondays” or whatever you call it. How you perceive Mondays can have a huge affect on how you go about your day/ how you go about your week.
“How can I celebrate TGIM?”
Glad you asked.
Sunday night preparation is KEY! Sundays are supposed to be a day of rest but in Alana’s world, that typically does not happen. I’m slowly but surely reserving my Sunday evenings strictly for preparation.
- Meal prep my lunches for the week.
- Giving Addy a bath, doing her hair, dinner, and setting out both of our clothes for the next day.
- Putting an “oldie but goodie” on the record player (typically Bobby Womack or Isley Brothers).
- Cleaning/organizing my apartment. I CANNOT work in a cluttered space.
- Pulling out my planner and assessing what I’ve done, what needs to be done, and take the loss on what I did not get done and make an attempt to complete it at a later date.
I love Mondays! I feel like it is a fresh start and I can set the tone for the week. I know I don’t necessarily have full control over what happens throughout the week but I can control my response to what happens. I have my days where I spazz out so I’ve been working on self-preservation tactics to keep my sanity. Self-affirmation is EVERYTHING!
Hate your job? Find ONE thing that makes clocking in worthwhile.
Classwork stressful? Create an environment that makes sitting down and doing work tolerable (music , food, table at Starbucks, etc).
It’s a shame if you have to wait until Friday to enjoy yourself. You have to let 5 whole days pass before you feel an ounce of excitement.
Carry peace ALL throughout the week.